This dip is so easy to make and perfect for game day. I had my 5 year old help me and she had so much fun. You can make this in a crockpot or a cast iron skillet, both ways are delicious, the crockpot might be just a touch easier. Enjoy!
Easy Crockpot Mexican Cheese Bean Dip
1/4-1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
1/4-1/2 cup Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
1 can diced tomatoes with chiles (including juice)
1/4 cup cilantro
1 can black beans
1 small yellow onion
1 tbsp olive oil
2 T taco seasoning
Serve with tortilla chips, avocado and lime wedges
- Heat oil in skillet, salute onion for about 3-4 minutes. Add taco seasoning and cook an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer onion to crockpot if using a crockpot or keep in cast iron skillet.
- Add diced tomatoes, jalapeño, half of the cilantro and rinsed beans.
- Sprinkle top with cheese and cover top. Give a little stir and cover with lid.
- Cook in slow cooker on high for 2 hours or slow for 4 hours. Cast iron on low for 1-2 hours.
- Mix well, then add remaining cilantro and add chopped avocado right before serving.