I saw this on Etsy for over $50 and I knew that I could make it for much cheaper. Under $15 to be exact and I have enough tulle left over that I could make another one or maybe an autumn colored tutu for my little girl…I’ll let you guys know what I decided to do.
If you know how to make a no sew tutu then this is basically the same thing. You just tie your knots around the wreath instead of ribbon/elastic. I hope these instructions make sense. If you have any questions please email me and I can explain it better, if needed. I would love to see your finished product. Have a wonderful craft time!
DIY Autumn Tulle Wreath Decoration
1 Styrofoam wreath
1 roll of tulle 6 x 25, in at least 3 colors
ribbon in coordinating colors with your tulle
push sewing pin (optional)
- Cut your tulle into 16-18″ pieces.
- After you have all your pieces cut figure out what color pattern you want.
- Then take one strip at a time, fold it in half, wrap around the wreath and pull the ends through the loop side. (pictured below).
- Then you can either tie both sides in a knot or secure with a push sewing pin. Must do one of these to prevent the knot from slipping out.
- Once you have all the tulle on your wreath, randomly tie a small piece of ribbon through out your wreath.
- I used push sewing pins to secure my leaves in place, but you could also hot glue them.
- String a long piece of ribbon through one piece of tulle at the top of your wreath to hang it from.
When I made this I forgot to take step by step photos so I borrowed this one from Whiteley Creek.