The Seahawks made it to the Superbowl for the 2nd year in a row and everyone in my house is sooo excited. Ive been wanting to make cupcakes so I knew this was the perfect occasion to try this new semi homemade recipe. This recipe is super simple and super delicious. My husband is not a sweets person (except cookies) and he really liked these cupcakes and kept going back for more. You can top these with any frosting that you like, but I was going for simple so I went with an easy buttercream. Enjoy!!
Semi Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes with ButterCream Frosting
- 1 Duncan Hines Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 3.4oz box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Water
Directions for Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with baking liners.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl, until combined.
- Pour 3/4 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 4 cups powdered sugar (I honestly didn’t measure but I think it was about 4 cups)
- splash of vanilla extract
- splash of half and half
Directions for Buttercream
- Mix all ingredients until you have reached your desired consistency.
- You can add food color paste or drops if you want or leave it white.
- I used a Wilton 1M tip to decorate my cupcakes. I start from the inside and work my way out. On the small ones I put skittles in the middle.
Recipe from JennyCookies