Mexican is so popular in my area, my city has 4 Mexican restaurants in a 1/2 mile radius. I know that seems crazy, but they are all a little different so they all do great. As much as I love going out to eat, I’ve learned to cook a lot of my favorite dishes at home. With a little one it’s so much easier to eat at home, she can play and be as loud as she wants! So here is my newest Mexican creation, Enjoy!
Cilantro and Red Onion Pesto Quesadilla
Time 20 minutes
1 cup Cilantro and Red Onion Pesto
4 flour tortillas
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups cheddar or pepper jack cheese, shredded
2 T olive oil
2 cups kale, chopped
1 cup guacamole
1 cup pico de gao
1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat the olive oil in a big pan.
- Put tortilla down, lay cheese on half of it and the pesto on the other half.
- Add chopped pepper and onions to the side with cheese.
- Continue to cook on med-high for a few minutes. Put a few splashes of hot sauce on cheese and pesto. Keep a close eye to make sure to not burn.
- Fold quesadilla in half, cut in half or quarters and then add your toppings. Serve immediately if toppings are on other wise place finished quesadilla in oven to keep warm, until ready to serve.