I decided to make rice krispies for Easter because I figured that the little ones would enjoy them. But I couldn’t just leave them at plain rice krispies I had to holiday them up. So what better way to do that then with white chocolate and sprinkles. They turned out so cute and I will definitely change the sprinkle color for other holidays.
This is a very kid friendly recipe. Not only to eat but to help make. So let the little ones get involved. Great steps for them would be dump the rice krispies in and stir. Dip in the chocolate and dip in the sprinkles. They will have a blast! Enjoy!
Easter Sprinkled Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups rice krispies (I used the gluten free kind this time and you wouldn’t know the difference)
- 4 T unsalted butter
- 1 bag mini marshmallows or 1 bag big marshmallows
- 1/2 bag of white chocolate pieces (about 1 cup)
- sprinkles in your color of choice (I bout the 4 pack at Target in the $1 section)
- In large pot melt butter and add marshmallows.
- Once marshmallows are all melted and smooth pour in rice krispies and stir until well combined.
- Pour into greased brownie pan and pat down. Let cool to harden.
- Once hardened cut into squares.
- Melt chocolate according to package. Usually they say melt for 1 minute on 50% power, stir and then heat in 30 second increments until all melted.
- Dip one end into the melted chocolate and then dip into the sprinkles.
- Set on plate or wire rack to let the chocolate harden back up.
I lined them up nicely in my snapware which also doubled as my serving tray once I arrived.