I love everything pumpkin!! Restaurants don’t always carry this, it’s definitely more a holiday thing, and now that we have 2 kids we don’t make it out to nice restaurants all the often, so if I want pumpkin cheesecake I have to make it. Which I don’t mind, but I want to have somewhere to go with it, otherwise I may eat the whole thing in one sitting. I feel that it is completely except able from October through January to eat pumpkin everything!!
The other day I went to Traders Joes and literally everything that said pumpkin ended up in my cart. Ofcourse a can of pumpkin was one of the items. I had to make dessert for my mother in laws birthday dinner so I knew I couldn’t go wrong with pumpkin cheesecake. I wanted to try a different recipe and when I saw this one that said Cheesecake Factory Copycat I knew I had to give it a shot. It does not disappoint. It has just the perfect amount of sweetness to it and everyone enjoyed every bite of it. I hope you all enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups graham crumbs
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3- 8oz.pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1 cup whipping cream beaten to soft peaks
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- chopped pecans
- Mix crust ingredients together, just till coated and crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 2/3 up the sides of an 8″ springform pan. Bake for 5 min. at 350. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl and mix until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, and spices, beat till smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the crust. Bake for 60-70 min. or till the top turns a bit darker.
- Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- After it has thoroughly chilled, remove the pan sides and cut. Serve with whipped cream and chopped pecans.