This is one of my favorite pasta salads. I think during the summer it’s a great idea to keep a package of these in your freezer for impromptu BBQs. It’s always a hit at our family get togethers, I guess that is why aunt Lorie always makes it.
I think this salad has the best of both worlds, a delicious pasta and lots of crunchy veggies. This is the perfect combination and topped with freshly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese is the best. Just writing this makes me want some so I guess tortellini is being put on my grocery list right now.
Tortellini Salad Recipe
|Prep time||2 hours, 20 minutes|
|Meal type||Salad, Side Dish|
|Misc||Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
- 9oz cheese tortellini package (i like Buitoni)
- 1/2 can black olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 cup broccoli (chopped bite sized)
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (shaved or shredded)
- 1 cup italian dressing (Newman's Own Family Recipe Italian Dressing is my favorite)
- 1/2 cup red onion (sliced thinly)
|Boil water and cook tortellini according to package. Add broccoli for last minute.|
|Prepare, your veggies by slicing while tortellini cooks.|
|Drain pasta and rinse with cool water.|
|Mix all ingredients in bowl besides the Parmesan cheese. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve, at least a few hours.|
|Give a quick toss, you can add more Italian dressing if desired. Top with Parmesan and serve.|
With or without onions, it’s delicious, but I always make a bowl full with out so my daughter can enjoy also.