It’s flag day today, so what better way to celebrate the day then to make a flag. In my daughters class today we made flags and she had a great time doing it. It’s a great way for kids to get creative and do it how they want. Let your little one explore all the possibilities, maybe tissue on both side, who knows. Have fun!
Supplies – Makes 2 flags
- 1 piece of 8″x11″ paper cut in half
- 2 12″ wooden dowels or wooden sticks
- a couple sheets of tissue in different colors cut into 1″ squares
- glue stick
- Cut the piece of paper in half and put 2 holes in each piece on the shorter side, one an inch from the top and the other one inch from the bottom.
- Rub the glue stick on the piece of paper and have your little one stick tissue all over the paper.
- When they are done with that, run the rod through the holes, and voila you have a little flag that is super fun to wave around.
Email in your child’s creations, and I will post a few of those pictures.