My almost 2 year old helped me with this craft but I basically put the thing together, so depending on your child’s age you will probably have to help assemble this adorable little spider hat. This craft is not only for Halloween time I just chose to make it around Halloween. Enjoy!
Black Construction paper
- 2 strips that are 11″ x 3″ for headband
- 6-8 strips that are 1″ x 11″ for the legs
- 2 small circles for the eyes
White Construction Paper
- 2 circles for eyes
- Cut your black construction paper into strips. You will need 2 strips that are 11″ x 3″ to make the headband and 6-8 strips that are 1″ x 11″ for the legs.
- Glue the small black circle onto the white circles to create the eyes.
- Measure your child’s head to figure out how big to the headband part, tape together.
- Glue or tape the eyes onto the headband.
- Fold your legs accordion style and tape the ends on the inside of your headband.
- Voila you now have a pretty cool spider hat and I suggest singing Itsy Bitsy Spider lyrics below!
Unfortunately my daughter would not keep the hat on for longer then 3 seconds so she thought it was fun to have her friends try it on. Hopefully your kid enjoys wearing it.
The itsy-bitsy spider
Climbed up the water spout
Down came the rain
And washed the spider out
Out came the sun
And dried up all the rain
And the itsy-bitsy spider
Climbed up the spout again